Follow by Email

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Brrrrr....I'm just sayin'....

Whether the weather be fine,
Whether the weather be not,
Whether the weather be cold,
Whether the weather be hot,
We'll weather the weather,
Whatever the whether,
Whether we like it or not
~Author Unknown


Ninebark......So stunning in it's Autumn garb!

The Heuchera hasn't given up. It's a beautiful deep purple.

In one post I stated that nothing was blooming in the garden. I was wrong! The Ice Plant is still loaded with blossoms.


Holly, a bright spot in a mostly brown and grey landscape.

Some you us have posted today as Wordless Wednesday.....I'm confused. I thought it was the first Wednesday of the month. Can anyone fill me in on the special posting days and who sponsors them? Thank you ahead of time!

It's been cold! 28F this morning. Yesterday morning, we had snow.....yes, I know, it's horrifying! Especially to this S. Massachusetts gal. It's not suppose to happen until AFTER Thanksgiving.....Hubby has taken to lighting the coal stove.....Idgie, our Tabby, is in heaven.....

This morning, while taking garden shots, I fell......I was going for the Holly, which is a little in the woods and I tripped over fallen branches. Down I went! I hit the side of my face. I'm praying I don't get any bruises as it's a pain to have to explain over and over what happened. As I was downloading these shots I realized I got a picture of the "event". Here it is! (I have no shame!)

Yes, I was outside in my bathrobe....praying no one would see me! I doubt it would win any photography awards :)

Here's what I'm grateful for today: Sixty-two year old bones that are still going strong....not that I want to test them again!

God Bless ahd Happy Gardening,
Flower Freak



3 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

I hope you are ok!!?!?! And I can not believe you caught it in your photo!!! A true gardener indeed friend! Sounds like something that would happen to me!!! Your nine bark is gorgeous! And can you believe how cold it is??? You take care!! Nicole

Janneke said...

Funny poem and I could not help laughing about the photo of your 'accident' while taking photos of your garden in the morning. Hope you are well and be careful!

Lyn said...

Oh dear, I hope your face didn't bruise. That ninebark is a lovely colour. I do love autumn, but at the moment we're having such a gorgeous spring that I don't miss it at all.