Follow by Email

Friday, November 15, 2013

GBBD November 15, 2013


Flowers rejoice when night is done,
Lift their heads to greet the sun;
Sweetest looks and odours raise,
In a silent hymn of praise.
HENRY VAN DYKE, "Matins"

There really isn't much left outside so today, if you don't mind, I'm going to take you indoors.
These plants come inside for the winter and look lovely in "my" room. The room is tiny but it has everything I need....a couch and coffee table, small tv, and a place in the windows for the plants. I have my quiet time here, talk on the phone and get to read and watch tv shows that Andy can't quite tolerate. The windows face South.

The Cactus have a mind of their own. They bloom as soon as I bring them inside. Lovely color in a world becoming dormant.....

Margie, my neighbor who moved, gifted me with this Begonia. It's a cutting from a plant that originally belonged to her grandmother. 



My other Christmas Cactus. It's actually a lot redder than the camera captured.
Many Thanks to Carol at May Dreams Gardens for sponsoring GBBD. Pay her a visit.
http://www.maydreamsgardens.com/

Today I'm grateful for my little house and all the earthly treasures God has provided.
Happy Gardening, Flower Freak 





11 comments:

Janie Jurkiewicz said...

I keep seeing Christmas cactus...it's so lovely. I wonder if it can be grown in milder climates...but our summers are so brutal. I understand about capturing the true color of something. I can never seem to photograph orange or white well....Happy Gbbd!

Lea said...

Very pretty!
My cactus is just beginning to bud.
Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!
Lea

Dorothy Borders said...

Love the Christmas cactus. Mine is full of buds. I just stuck it in a closet, hoping to time its blooms for the holidays.

Janneke said...

Beautiful little poem and enjoy your time in your tiny but cosy room with all the houseplants. I have some Christmas cactusses too in our room, which show their buds now, so I think they will flower with Christmastime.

Jane Scunthorpe said...

Some much welcome colour from your grateful plants ! I am still thinking of the possibilities of having your own room, how liberating would that be ! Your very own space to fill with plants !

My Garden Diaries said...

Look at all of that beauty in one room!!! That sounds like the perfect place to unwind and enjoy some quiet time!!! A happy weekend to you!!!

PlantPostings said...

How nice to have your own cozy little room! I'm working on that here. ;-) I'm feeling the inside "nesting" feeling lately, so thank-you for the comfy post.

Lyn said...

How lovely to have your own little room! I would love somewhere like that to retreat to when the boys are watching fishing shows or car makeovers!

Kelli said...

The Christmas cactus is a great plant. I'm afraid mine isn't too healthy as I often forget to water it for months, however, it still keeps going.

Dee Nash said...

Happy Bloom Day! I'm a flower freak too. I love them all except for Venus flytraps. They creep me out. Thanks for coming over and visiting. I'm glad you're back gardening again.~~Dee

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Your room sounds quite cozy. I love the curtains! One of my holiday cacti is blooming, too. I have some plants in the toy room, and some in the garden window in our dining room.

Thanks for your comment on my last post. You have a great Thanksgiving, too!