Follow by Email

Saturday, December 7, 2013

'Tis the Season!

"The infant's birth, except for the modest surroundings, was really no different from that of all who have abandoned the womb and entered earth's dull light. Except of course, that a giant of an angel stood just outside the stable door, poised to do battle with anything created that might have menaced this incarnation of the God of all creation." 
The Birth, The Chronicles of the Door by Gene Edwards



Happy December to you all! Time has flown by so fast. It feels like I was just out in the gardens weeding and admiring.......
Our computer is on the fritz and being looked at by our son-in-law, Dave. We have his Mac laptop. For the life of me, I haven't been able to download pics. I did manage to snag this one from Facebook. It cracked me up because I'm a cat lover and it's so true! 
The first year we had Jake and Idgie, we took the tree down after a week because they had wreaked havoc and broke so many ornaments that we surrendered. 
How many of you are in the Holiday groove? By that, I mean, are you enjoying the preparation for and participating in all that this Season brings? 
Here in the US, the real reason for the celebration of Christmas is so far buried under media hype and the pressure to buy that it's easy to forget the Reason behind the Season! I'm working on staying focused.......
Whatever Holiday you celebrate, here's to a joyous Celebration with your loved ones!

Happy Gardening, Flower Freak

Today I'm grateful for all the wonderful women I have in my life! There's nothing like true friends whether we share the same DNA or not.....

5 comments:

Janneke said...

Hi Flower Freak,
Gardening is in wintertime on the backburner, so it is nice the Celebration of Christmas is coming soon now. In our country we are not so early and start with the preparations about two to three weeks before Christmas.

organicgardendreams said...

Hi Flower Freak, that photo with the cat in the Christmas tree is hilarious. It really cracked me up. You can really anticipate what she is up to. Wishing you Happy Holidays as well!
Christina

PlantPostings said...

Love the cat photo and the caption! We had similar experiences with our cats and the Christmas tree. Now we keep it in our sunroom--closed off from the cats. We can see it all the time, but they can't get to it. Ha ha! Yes, I do agree it's important to keep reminding ourselves of the reason behind the season. Blessings to you and yours!

My Garden Diaries said...

I agree with you about the hype and what the focus is placed on. And with that all I am trying to savor the bits that are simple and the shopping...well...I just don't do much. The beans get presents but it is mostly books and a few toys and then we call it a day! Such a funny picture of that cat! Ha! This is true of toddlers too as my son took down our tree a few years back! A very wonderful week to you friend! Nicole

Suz said...

hope your Christmas and new year were delightful in celebration