Follow by Email

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Winter Garden







I have finally given up trying to use the Mac to blog. Andy has an old computer in the cellar that I'm using. Only problem.....it's saying there'san error on this page and it won't let me move the quote to the top of the page....or anything else for that matter! Including correcting my typing goofs! Bear with me.......
We have had a rough winter. Extreme cold and lots of snow. The pics were taken yesterday morning. The snow was pristine........
I love the mole trails under the snow!

The snow clung to everything creating such beauty.

Here's the big garden looking West.

The Liatris holds the snow so well.

Nature looks dead in winter because her life is gathered into her heart. She withers the plant down to the root that she may grow it up again fairer and stronger. She calls her family together within her inmost home to prepare them for being scattered abroad upon the face of the earth. ~Hugh Macmillan, "Rejuvenescence," The Ministry of Nature, 1871



Here's "the tree" in it's winter finery.

It's snowing like mad here today. We're expecting about a foot of wet slushy snow. It's a bugger to shovel. That being said, here's what I'm grateful for: Two handsome and charming grandsons (ages16 & 19) who will shovel for us.

Wishing all my blogging friends warm homes, healthy families and dreams of digging in the dirt!
Happy Gardening, Flower Freak


3 comments:

Suz said...

oh dear, will we ever complain about the heat again?
I didn't know those were mole tracks..I know mole tracks in the summer.....twisted ankles!...but I never saw them in the snow....thanks Ill look harder

My Garden Diaries said...

Hey you!!! I hear you on the snow! My husband hurt his back from all of the shoveling! That garden quote is just amazingly beautiful! As is your snow covered garden! It is so good to read a post from you!!! Have a great week!!! Nicole xo

Kelli said...

Snow photos always look so beautiful. We've had no snow in Northern Ireland to speak of. Maybe a big snow will be coming soon.