Follow by Email

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day July 2014


I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in.
 George Washington Carver

Liatris coming to life


Mallow. It's moving around the garden!

This lovely huge Hosta is a 2nd year plant. I'm so glad it's in bloom.
The Phlox are opening!
Is this a Potentilla? I originally thought it was but it doesn't look like the one displayed in the gardening book. Anyway, it blooms in early spring and I'm surprised to see a second flush.

This looks so much like a Balloon Flower but the leaves are wrong and it's smaller.........

Good ole Yarrow.....it takes a lickin' n comes back tickin'!

Globe thistle in all it's glory!

Beauty Berry is blossoming. This was a gift from Fran and is in it's 3rd year in the garden.

Such an unassuming little flower.....a huge garden thug! Japanese/Chinese Lanterns. They are in a container now but started taking over the garden. I'm still fighting them.

This pic doesn't do this daylily justice! The color is amazing.
When I realized it was GBBD I ran around the garden looking for something I hadn't posted yet. That was hard to do! I've posted a lot lately. I hope you enjoy this stroll through my garden as much as I enjoy visiting yours! 
Happy Gardening, Flower Freak

4 comments:

Suz said...

nice to see what's growing
me...my garden wench has been so busy I haven't posted on any blog
of mine...
but do tell I am down with poison ivy....that's what happens when you neglect the woodland garden for too long...now it's war
itch itch

Jean Campbell said...

So many pretty things this time of year in your garden.

Beauty Berry was planted by birds next to my improvised patio. I decided to leave it. It's in a grove of Sassafras.

bookworm said...

Lovely globe thistle. This is one flower that I've never tried to grow. Wish I could identify your mystery flowers, but I can't. Good luck!

My Garden Diaries said...

Hey friend! I don't think my comment went through so I will type it again! It is just outstanding to see all of your pollinators in your garden! That is such a joy to see and you captured it beautifully! And your blooms are stunning!!! Happy gardening to you! Nicole xo