Follow by Email

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Roses 'n' Pollinators 'n' Oh My Gosh, It's Hot!!

“Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.” 
 Alphonse KarrA Tour Round My Garden

I have roses! Now, don't laugh....I have a rose on each of the two bushes that survived. It's a beginning and a nice surprise.

Roses are SO incredibly beautiful! 

Hopefully, next year they will be full of blossoms.
  
I'm not sure where I got this Black-eyed Susan. Many years ago, I had a garden full of them but don't recall planting any in the gardens I have now......That doesn't say much coming from me!! No memory! Haha 
 This Red Bee Balm looks like something in a Star Trek movie! It reminds me of Poinsettia.
This little bugger! What a job to get one decent shot of her. She's very cautious. 
Echinachea is beautiful and healthy this year.
This beauty spent a day and a half on the Echinachea.  
This pink-eyed Phlox is so beautiful. It's the prettiest one that's bloomed so far.

Can you see the little bee or hornet on the ridge of the Yarrow?

The Bees love the Echinops! They're all over it and if the neighborhood is quiet, I can hear them buzzing away.

More Pollinators. I counted 4 on one blossom but wasn't fast enough to get the pic.

I never would have purchased Helenium except the price was right. I'm glad I did.....it's very unusual in that the blossoms are all so unique and different from one another.

The Saver wanted me to stand on an 8' stepladder and take some shots looking down on the garden.....he held the ladder steady. This is one of the pics I took.

I love the way this pic came out.The centers of the Daylilies look like they're illuminated.

Summer is in full swing here.....it's in the low 70's F. at night and 90F during the day with lots of humidity. After watering the new plants this morning, I spent the rest of the day in the house. Thank God and technology for air conditioning!
On a happy note, the garden is at it's peak. Some of my favorite flowers are past but there are still so many that are blooming strong and looking spectacular.


Today I'm grateful that the Saver is as thrilled with my gardening as I am!

Happy Gardening, Flower Freak






6 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

I really loved this post! Seeing all of those pollinators enjoying your blooms is awesome! There is nothing better to see this goodness in the garden and you captured it wonderfully! Happy day to you! Nicole xo

Indie said...

You have a nice lot of plants for all the bees and butterflies! And I love the shot of the hummingbird! My garden is fairly new, but I'm hoping to plant some things to attract some hummingbirds to my garden, they are so pretty.

Sand for Soil said...

Love the second rose! And good work on catching a photo of the hummer. You have so many wonderful flowers!

Martha said...

A lovely garden and a great collection of flowers!

Connie said...

Hi, I too am a garden and flower lover. We just purchased our retirement home an old 1905 bungalow on an acre of land. After living our last thirty-three years in a suburban home with a tiny shady lawn, we are so excited to finally have space to grow a garden. I know that your humidity can be terrible during the summers, but we are just the opposite "no humidity". Your average rainfall in 6 inches a year. Therefore; we have to do a lot of watering and irrigating to keep everything green.
I love that photo of the humming bird and the trumpet vine. They are so much fun to watch. I had a trumpet vine at my old house and want to plant one here . . . maybe next year.
Well, I'm happy to meet you and I have just become your newest follower. Please come visit . . . blogging sisters are the best :)
Connie

CYNTHIA CRANE said...

Your flowers (and photos!) are absolutely lovely! I see some here that I have and many that I do not - and want! We have had an unusually cool and rainy July here. Even opening the windows on occasion! I've been out shopping at the garden centers when normally I would not this time of year, but the selections are disappointing in my area right now. Thanks for sharing more of your lovely garden!